This week, I’ve asked our draft guy, the National Football Post’s Wes Bunting, to create a three to four round Cowboys-specific draft board.
1. I’ve expanded the range, and have the Cowboys picking between spots 15 and 25 in each round.
2. Give names which fall in this range for the following positions:
– guards from the 1st round on who fit;
– quarterbacks from the 1st round on who fit;
– tight ends, starting in the 2nd round, who fit;
– wide receivers, especially those with plus return skills, starting in the 3rd round on;
– flexible D-linemen who can play 5-technique in a 3-4 base or a 3-technique in a 4-man front, from the 1st round on;
– Outside linebackers with rush skills, especially ones who can play on the strong side and handle tight ends, from the 1st on down;
– Cornerbacks who can play press or zone, from the 1st round on;
– Safeties, starting in the 2nd round.
Check back this evening for rounds 1 and 2. Some surprising names (to me anyway) appears in those early rounds.